Traveling is something that I have always loved doing! As I prepare for an upcoming trip to San Francisco, I wanted to share some of my carry-on bag essentials for the airport. I try not to overpack because that just results in not being able to find anything that you are looking for and having more stuff to lug around that airport.
- Toiletries – This one is pretty self-explanatory. You know what you need for your trip!
- Jewelry – I try to put any jewelry that I will need in a separate little bag so that it keeps everything nice and orderly.
- Headphones – Yay for wi-fi on planes nowadays because I can listen to Spotify without having to save every playlist that I potentially will want to listen to to my phone. These are also useful when you are waiting for the flight and any downtime during the trip.
- A book – Recently, I’ve been really enjoying reading so I obviously have to bring a book with me since I will be gone for a week.
- Portable charger – I love this so much! While traveling you often spend a lot of time away from your hotel/anywhere with an outlet so I highly recommend bringing a portable charger so you never have to go without having your phone charged. I purchased this one from Bed Bath & Beyond about three years ago, but I was able to find the exact one here! It’s worked well for me in the past, but if you need one that can charge multiple phones/gadgets at a time, this one is not the one for you.
- Sunglasses – I am notorious for losing/stepping on/breaking sunglasses so I like to bring at least two options…just in case.
- Combs and brushes – You never know when you’ll need to fix your hair. Especially after sleeping on the plane!
- Notepad and pens/pencils – I like to have something handy to jot down notes, directions, restaurants, blog ideas, etc.
- Reusable water bottle – I cannot stress this one enough. Why waste money and resources on plastic water bottles when you can just bring one from home and refill it. At every airport I have been to there are water fountains stationed throughout, so it is no trouble at all to fill up your bottle/bottles. Also, this is useful while on your trip and save you from buying drinks at least some of the time. The water bottle featured here is a Mira Stainless Steel Insulated Water Bottle that keeps drinks cold for 24 hours and hot for 12. Honestly, I was skeptical about this at first but it really does work! It’s similar to the Swell Water Bottles that you might have seen.
- Wallet – For obvious reasons. I also stick whatever purse I will be using during the trip down in this bag too.
- Phone Charger – Again, another obvious thing to include here.
- SNACKS – I love to snack! I try to pack a few snacks to munch on in the airport or on the plane.
That’s it folks! Those are my main carry-on essentials that work for pretty much every trip. If I don’t wear a jacket to the airport, I will stick it in the carry-on bag. Also, depending on what shoes I wear to the airport, I will bring a change of shoes and stick them in the carry-on bag as well.